Cardiovascular conditions are the leading cause of death in men and women in the United States. Some risk factors are:
high blood pressure, high cholesterol and smoking. However, other conditions and lifestyles can put you at risk, such as:
diabetes, obesity and overweight, unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, and excessive alcohol consumption. Prevention is
vital for your heart. Visiting the cardiologist regularly will help you prevent and detect any heart condition in due time.
If you have been recently diagnosed with cardiovascular disease, your physician recommended cardiovascular surgery,
or you just want to take care of your heart health, our Auxilio Cardiovascular Center is your best choice.
Auxilio Cardiovascular Center is the most advanced center in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean when it comes to the
prevention and treatment of cardiac diseases. Our spacious and modern facilities combine technology with
specialized equipment along with a highly trained technical and medical staff. We have more than 20 specialists
committed to cardiovascular health, trained in the latest Echocardiograph and 3D heart mapping techniques. This
allows us to offer our patients optimum services in invasive and non-invasive cardiovascular studies.
Our facilities at Auxilio Mutuo include 2 newly equipped catheterization rooms, 2 electrophysiology rooms and a new
hybrid operating room, equipped to perform from the minimally invasive transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
to open-heart surgeries, all in the same room.
Services Available for Hospitalized or Ambulatory Patients, include:
- Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Laboratory offering a variety of services aimed at the diagnosis and the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
- EKG- Resting Electrocardiography
- Holter – Dynamic Electrocardiograph for 24 or 48 hours
- Simple and combined ultrasound stress tests and pharmacologic stress tests
- Echocardiograms with all modalities, which include: Color flow, Cardiac Doppler, Tissue Doppler,
Strain, and 3D.
- Transesophageal Ultrasound
- Peripheral vascular studies (arterial and vein circulation) and physiologic
- Fistula evaluation with vascular and physiologic ultrasound
- Head-Up Tilt Table Test
- ABPM– Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Invasive Cardiovascular Laboratory providing services and the most advanced invasive cardiovascular technology in Puerto Rico
and the Caribbean for procedures, such as:
- Coronary angioplasty, coronary stenting and rotablation procedure.
- Intravascular Ultrasound and Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR)
- Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Lab where studies and procedures are performed pertaining to the electric conduction of the heart, services include:
- Electrophysiological studies (electric conduction)
- Cardiac ablation (electric conduction cauterization)
- Pacemaker/ defibrillator implants
- Electrical cardioversion
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
- Chest Pain Program
- Telemetry Unit equipped with wireless technology that can monitor the cardiac rhythm of patients from a remote station. Patients can
enjoy more privacy while being constantly monitored.
- Invasive Vascular Radiology Laboratory (DSA) subspecialty of radiology and is used to diagnose and treat medical conditions through minimally invasive methods.
This Lab includes interventional and vascular radiologists certified by the American Board of Radiology.
Auxilio Cardiovascular Center offers educational clinics led by cardiology specialists focusing on the prevention and the
proper care of cardiac patients. Without any doubt, our Auxilio Cardiovascular Center is the best option to take care
of your heart.
To learn more about our Cardiovascular Center: Click Here